United States Doller(USD)
▼ Type a country or currency
|> Terms of Service|
Personal Information Protection Policy
Start Today Co. Ltd. is a company that manages the internet shopping site. We (Start Today Co. Ltd.) recognize the importance of the personal information of all of the people who submit personal information to us. We comply with the laws and ordinances of Japan regarding the protection of personal information and other Japanese regulations. We have established independent rules and systems, and have established a personal information protection policy that includes the following items. We promise to implement and maintain this policy.
「Personal Information Protection Policy」
1. We adhere to all laws and ordinances, guidelines, and other regulations established by the government that relate to the handling of personal information in all of our businesses and the handling of the personal information of employees, etc. Furthermore, we lay down the personal information protection policy management system implemented in relation to Japanese Industrial Standards “personal information protection policy management system-requirements” (JIS Q15001) and protect all personal information.
2. We will only obtain and use personal information to the extent necessary to enact the following business and achieve the following purposes of use. We do not use any personal information exceeding these purposes (Non-Objective Use.) We also establish appropriate management measures in order to not make any Non-Objective Use.
3. In cases when we have obtained one's consent, we will not give any personal information to a third person with the exception of any cases based upon law.
4. We will investigate in a timely manner the factual relationships of complaints or consultations related to the handling of personal information received, and will endeavor in good faith to respond within a logical period of time.
5. In order to appropriately manage personal information that we have obtained, we establish organizational, personal, physical, and technological safety measures, and work towards the prevention and correction of disclosure, destruction, or damage of personal information.
6. We will continue to re-evaluate our personal information protection management systems related to the protection of personal information and improve our efforts towards the protection of personal information based on changes to the state of the company and the environment in which it operates.
Created: September 1, 2006
Revised: July 3, 2009
Start Today, Co. Ltd.
Representative Director Yusaku Maezawa
「Disclosure and Revision Procedures」
Upon subscribing to this service, all customers shall agree that all personal information of customers which we are knowable of related to the use of this service will be handled based on our appropriate safety measures and as listed below.
Section 1 The Purpose of Use for Personal Information
On obtaining and using all personal information, we will only obtain and use personal information to the extent necessary to enact the following business and achieve the following purposes of use. We do not use any personal information exceeding these purposes (Non-Objective Use) except for the cases stipulated in Section 3 below. We also establish appropriate management measures in order to not make any Not-Objective Use.
① Operating and managing「ZOZOTOWN」（hereinafter referred to as the「Service」.）
② Personnel and general management of employees.
（2）Purpose of Use
① To investigate and register a person as a customer when using the Service.
② In order to provide the Service to customers.
③ In order to make announcements and communications in relation to services relating to the Service and information updates.
④ In order to make announcements about items necessary in the operation of the Service (including announcements made via email).
⑤ To solicit sales, publicize our products, or advertise (including communications via email).
⑥ In order to execute campaigns, prize projects, and questionnaires.
⑦ For analysis and statistics relating to our business activities and market research.
⑧ To manage the personal information of customers.
⑨ For the packaging and shipping of products.
⑩ To calculate billing and request payment.
⑪ To provide point services, etc.
⑫ To respond to various questions and provide after services.
⑬ For marketing data research, analysis, and for the development of new services.
⑭ To create statistical materials to provide to partner businesses.
⑮ To fill work requested of us by other enterprises to handle personal information.
⑯ To execute rights or fulfill responsibilities based on contracts or laws and ordinances.
⑰ For consideration for employment with us.
⑱ Employee management.
Section 2 Consignment of Personal Information
We may also entrust whole or part of information related to a customer to other enterprises within the scope of the objectives listed in section 1. We choose trustees with a sufficient information protection standard and enter into a contract relating to the handling of personal information.
Section 3 Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
We will not provide personal information that we have obtained to third parties except for in the following cases: (1) Cases based on item 2 above, (2) When the customer agrees to the provision, (3) When a partner business with whom we share personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the clear purpose of use jointly uses personal information, and (4) cases based on law.
All personal information offered by customers are based on arbitrarily, and customers will be responsible for any disadvantage or consequence occurred, resulting from not giving such information. Please note that in any case when a customer cannot provide us the mandatory personal information, we may deny the use of our service to those customers.
Section 5 Rights in Relation to Personal Information
We will respond to requests to revise, suspend use of, or suspend provision to third parties of personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Disclosure") when disclosure of personal information that is the target of disclosure from the customer him or herself, notices based on the purpose of use, or the content of personal information that is the target of disclosure is contrary to the facts.
Please communicate with the following contact for questions relating to disclosure.
［Contact for Questions about Personal Information］
Start Today Co. Ltd. ZOZOTOWN Customer Support Center
「Personal Information Administration Manager」
START TODAY Co., Ltd. Director Mineki Ohkura